6 Quick Tips for Towel Care
Enjoy the feeling of being pampered with your favourite towel after bathing?
While you may have bought your favourite towel that is super soft, superb absorbent and luxuriously thick, here are 6 quick tips for your towel care.
With these 6 quick tips and a little care, you can extend the longevity and fluffiness of your towel.
1) Wash your towel before your first use
Before using your towel for the first time, wash it in warm water with a little less laundry detergent than suggested to remove extra dyes or fabric softener as well as reducing shedding (shedding can often be found in new towels).
• For coloured towels: Add a ½ cup of white vinegar during the wash. This helps to set the dyes and keep the colours longer.
• For white towels: Wash it more frequently with about ¼ cup of peroxide per load.
2) Avoid the use of fabric softener
Fabric softeners contains silicon that will make the towels water repellent. In addition, using fabric softener too often will reduce the absorbency of the towels.
If you wish to soften the towels, the best method is to use white vinegar during wash. Pour ½ cup of white vinegar instead of soap or laundry detergent during the regular washing cycle.
The reason many towels are hard after washing is because they have soap left in them.
3) Use Baking Soda to remove bad & musty odours
Remember how smelly the towel is after you left it in the gym bag?
Add a ½ cup of baking soda with laundry detergent during the wash to get rid of the bad musty smells.
4) Hang your towels in a well-ventilated area after each use
Moist towels are a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and this can lead to bad odours.
To prevent getting smelly and musty towels, hang up your towel in a well-ventilated area, so that it gets dry faster.
5) Do not wash your towels in full laundry load
Washing too many towels at once will disallow the washing machine to wash your towels thoroughly.
In addition, the dryer will not be able to allow enough air circulation to fluff up the fibers of your towel.
As a result, your towels will come out stiff and hard.
6) Tumble Dry your towels to ensure fluffiness
If you wish to keep your towels as fluffy as it was originally, tumble dry it.
Tumble drying is a process to dry the towels by spinning with hot air inside a dryer.
However, bear in mind that the best temperature to tumble dry is under 60°C as high heat may damage the towels.
Our Luxurious Towels are made from 100% Terry Cotton and manufactured in Malaysia.
All our towels are luxuriously thick, super soft and superb absorbent with an extra personalised embroidery service.
The Personalised Embroidery service ranges from adding:-
- an initial (example: J, B, E)
- a name (example: Justin, Olivia, Jackson)
- a message (example: Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday)